Wednesday, September 21, 2011

JOURNAL JACKET

I started a new quick project.  Apple cores are getting old, and I need a break from them.


This project gives me a chance to used my new applique pincushion.  The leaves of the applique are actually leftovers from cutting out the apple cores.  I also wanted a Diet Journal to keep me accountable for what I eat.  That always helps me to not pig out.


Needle turn will be my applique method here on the leaves.  I love the bright colors.  I found the yellow-orange fat quarters at Wally World yesterday.  I have pieced a background of material that's 12" x 30" or so, and I will quilt the center portion that fits on the outside of the composition notebook when my applique is finished, but not the flap-pockets, because I don't want any thickness on the inside of the flaps.
So much fun! 
My Leviticus study is coming along nicely.  It's a tough one, but really deep, and I love that.  This week our study focuses on holiness---it should be real good.  Last week it was about the priests and comparing them and their duties to christian's as New Testament Priests---very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment