Thursday, September 15, 2011

Puppet Curtain and Garden

Two of our granddaughters (Celeste and Jeff's two youngest daughters) had birthdays, and I must show you what Erin made for them.
She made it out of a curtain panel, isn't it adorable?  She got the puppets off of Etsy--they're cute too.
We got them clothes and toys.  One of them wanted a hoola-hoop, so I tried my hand at it.  It's been a long time and I was very rusty, but Erin knew how to do it quite well, humm, who knew!  I must add--Jeff did it around his neck---now there's some good exercise.  Evelyn, who got it, does a real cute hula without the hoop.


I took a quick stroll in the garden with my camera this morning.


My zinnias are quite tall--shoulder height to me--I had no idea they grew that tall.  This is the new bed we worked on back earlier this summer, and added lots of compost.  I haven't grown zinnias in many years.  These are from the seeds my sister, Donna, gave me for my birthday in January.


The dahlias are doing quite well too.




The elephant ears are huge--taller than me--and I'm 5'8".

I trimmed them up again yesterday, to get rid of the scraggly leaves.
It has turn off cool here yesterday.  Tuesday we set a record high for that day, but I don't remember what the high was, but it was near 100.  It's suppose to be cool all week--yeah!  It's in the 50's right now.  Fall came suddenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment