Thursday, October 13, 2011

GRANDKID HEAVEN

I enjoy it when our grand kids come over.  The oldest one here really enjoys nature, and is almost always out in the yard exploring.  The other day there was a garden snake on our front porch when they arrived, and she went over and picked it up, and without hesitation, I might add.
The others enjoy playing, and our goldfish pond.  The fish will come up and nibble on your fingers a little if you put your fingers in the water.  I think they wonder if it is food.

I have grand kid station in our family room.  Our coffee table always looks like this.  I also have a couple of shelves of books in the book case for them.


The littlest ones enjoy a few dolls.  The old teddy bear here was my hubby's when he was a little boy.  It's been stitched and patched over the years.  The largest doll I made for our youngest daughter when she was small, and the skinny doll I made a year ago or so.  I need to finish it's face.


This rocking chair was my hubby's also when he was small.  The little doll quilt was made by his mother for him as well.  They only had boys, so this was as close as they got to little girl toys.  I'm so glad she saved them for him.  Our little granddaughters really enjoy these.
The kids usually create some things while they are here also.

If they are here for a while I usually bring out the games, and puzzles.
We also have some older grandchildren, but we don't get to see them very often--they live in Iowa.

No comments:

Post a Comment