Saturday, October 1, 2011
A Found Chicken And A Finish
In an effort to clean, and straighten my sewing room a little--thanks to Mr. Mouse, I found two missing pin cushions. They were stashed away with a couple of UFOs. The whole time I was cleaning, I was hoping I would find them. I've been missing my sweet little chicken---my ivy pincushion, too (pout). I was thinking I would have to make them both again. I have a bad habit of reorganizing things, all the while thinking this is a better place for this----when will I figure this out?---leave it in the same spot, so I can find it when I need it!! Arg!
I enjoyed making this, but I also learned a few things:
1. Plan a color scheme
2. Sketch out the design before cutting things out
3. Use Joanna's applique method--it's way cool!
4. Even if you don't like how it looks, someone else might
(my sister and daughter like it)
5. Use cotton for the backing (I didn't, I used woven polyester--and I know better, sheesh!)
6. Batting would be nice, too
7. I enjoy doing fancy embroidery stitches
I kind of like it; maybe it will grow on me.