Monday, June 13, 2011

Lavender Time And Workday Four

June is the month for my lavender to bloom.  I would like to try to propagate some of lavender with stem cuttings, but I don't know if I will or not.  It might be fun to try.

I have a volunteer privet bush coming up in the middle of one of my lavender plants.  I will have to do something about that.

I have some hollyhocks planted nearby, but I'm not sure if they will bloom this year or not.  I started them kind of early, but I'm not sure if I started them early enough.  They are biennials so we'll see.

We have lots of baby robins in the back yard.

The birds love the bird bath.


Our neighbor's cat is keeping an eye on all the baby birds for us---that's her job.   We used to have a cat just like this one;  we loved that cat.  "Sugar" used to sit on the roof and watch us--she was so cute.  She also rang our doorbell to get us to come to the door.  Actually, I think she wanted in, but with asthmatics in the house that didn't happen very often.  She slept in the garage on cold nights.

Here's what our latest project looked like this morning before I started working on it.
I got the vines and roots dug up clear back to the bushes for about 5 ft. in length then I forked over most of that.

It was hard work that involved resting periods.  You can see where the fork is----that is where I stopped; it was time to get cleaned up and go exercise with my youngest daughter.

 Here's another view; I still have a lot of work to do.
Another days work and I'm pooped.


No comments:

Post a Comment