Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Scissors Keeper

Here is a Scissors Keeper that I made.  It has embroidery on the front.  I used one-strand of floss, and a bullion-stitch on the roses, and I just love it--so cute, even if I do say so.  I'm a little afraid to use it much because it's white and not washable.  I glued the padding to cardboard.  I also made my own twisted cording to stitch around the edge.  The lining is also glued to the cardboard.  It's mainly for looks anyway.
It came out better than I thought it would.  In the picture below you can see the Hankie that I made behind the Scissors Keeper.   The lace is some of my tatting.  I think it's almost a lost art.  It is so slow though, I can see why.  It's hard to stay with it when it goes so slow.  I haven't tried the new needle tatting yet, but I'm not curious enough to see how it works to try it.  I really like using a shuttle.

A close-up of the embroidery.

An an even closer close-up.
Love the pink roses.  I think that's my favorite flower, and the color of flower.  I really like a lot of flowers though, so that's really a close call.

I want to show off some of my flowers that are blooming now.
And a little something I'm working on.
Six-inch wide bags for change or whatever.  Check out these: this site,and here, here, and this site.

9 comments:

  1. You're flowers are so pretty! I really like the rose stitching on your scissors keeper too, sort of makes me want to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scissors keeper is so pretty--as are your gorgeous peonies, clematis, columbine, zinnias, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful detail with the embroidered flowers. And your garden is simply amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful projects! The garden is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That scissors keep it darling and your flowers are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant scissors keeper. I had to smile at the name of your blog, too. My small quilting group is known as the Needlebenders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers remind me of my parents' beautiful yard. And I love the Scissors Keeper. So dainty and feminine. I think you're right that tatting is becoming a lost art. I don't see much of it. I've never learned. I'd love to have someone to show me. It's funny that you mentioned the shuttle. We just learned in history today what this means (concerning woof and warp), and how the word came to be used to refer to the space shuttle -- going back and forth. Interesting timing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful scissor keeper! Your needlework is really gorgeous. I don't blame you for not wanting to use it! lol Your garden is lovely as well. I must be quite a bit farther north, as I am just starting to see my lilacs and a few irises blooming. Can't wait for those lovely peonies! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful as usual! Love your sewing... you inspire me! Thanks for planting your creative seeds at Plant a Punkin Seed Party!

    Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

    ReplyDelete