Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great Nephew's Quilt

Here's a quilt I made for my great nephew.  He is too cute for words, and he's quite a pistol as my parents would say--not quite sure the real meaning of that term, but I used it where they would use it. For some pictures of this little cutie check out his dad's blog here.  I named the quilt "Pinwheel Frost"  I made it entirely from stash, as I recall.  I didn't stay with  the same arrangement I planned on paper because after I had all the blocks laid out, I wasn't pleased with the look so I made a few blocks in another color and arranged to my hearts content.  After I was pleased with the design I pieced them together.  I made a pillow with the extra blocks that were left over.


This next picture shows it on our clothes line.  You can see the reason for the name now--The center looks like a snowflake--that's the area I redesigned.  I think that's the first quilt I made where I needed a design wall.  I don't have one of those, so I did it on the table and hoped for the best.



This next picture shows it close-up, so you can see the quilting, (and one of my clog slippers for going outside when I'm barefoot). I run around barefoot alot in the house.


One more close-up picture here.  Makes me want to cuddle up underneath it.  Kind of anyway, it's a little too warm for that today.

1 comment: