Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eyeglass Case and Clamp

 Here is an eyeglass case I made with felt, fabric, and beads.  It's made similar to the Dragonfly Pouch.
The photo below shows the back side, and as you can see I don't use it for eyeglasses.  I keep pencils and pens in it.
The picture below shows my Hemostat Clamp.  I bought it at Hancock's and they called it something else, but my hubby who works in surgery says  it is a Hemostat Clamp.  I absolutely love it.  It is irreplaceable when making dolls.  It is great for turning small projects right side out when sewing.  It's also nice for stuffing small pincushions or strawberries that I like to embellish some of my projects with.
The strawberries are made from part of a circle of fabric.  You could make them from 1/2 of a circle or so.  Fold the 1/2 circle in half with right sides together.  Sew the straight edges together, turn right side out and stuff.  Gather the rounded edge closed, embroider some green little leaves to the top, and add a little cording.  I make my own twisted cording from embroidery floss.  I also like to add seed beads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment