Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Americana Bag and Journal Cover

          I bought some patriotic fabric to make a banner, and I had enough fabric left to make a bag.  I didn't finish the banner in time for the fourth, so maybe  I'll get it done for next year.  I was sewing on the dining table because my sewing room was a mess, and I had to clean up before I was finished.  "Life is what happens when you are making other plans"--that's one of my favorite quotes, and I don't remember by whom, but I quote it all the time.        
The picture below shows the other side of the bag.  I use it for some of my Bible Study books.
This next picture is of my Journal Cover.  I used some the the same fabrics that I made the  GPS Bag with.
I sewed a piece of ribbon into the top cover seam to use as a bookmark.
The picture below shows the back side, and the eyelet hole I made for the elastic closure to go around the button on the front.
This is probably my favorite Journal Cover of all that I have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment