Monday, January 24, 2011

Cinnamon ?

We had an adventurous meal tonite--Southern Style Meatballs and Gravy.
It tasted a little strange.  The recipe, which I copied from a book I checked out at the Library, calls for cinnamon in the meat mixture.
This recipe needs to be worked over, big time.  Less milk in the meatball mixture, NO CINNAMON,  minced onion would be nice to add, and a little salt.  I'm not sure about the eggs either, I will probably leave them out next time.

The gravy was fine, except I used less butter, just 1 Tablespoon.  I didn't use any sugar in it, and it was fine without it.  I forgot to put the hot sauce in it, and I bet that would have been good, or use beef gravy.
I only used half of the meatballs in the gravy----so, guess what Hubby gets to take for lunch to work.  I will put turkey Gravy on them, I think that will help.  He didn't think they were too bad--that's good.

I'm trying out some new pressure cooker recipes, so----more adventures to come.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should always have at least one egg in any meatball to keep them from falling apart. I agree that cinnamon is REALLY strange!

    I love you photo of them! I'm looking forward to reading about your pressure cooker recipes!

    L


    hip pressure cooking
    making pressure cookers hip again, one recipe at a time!

    ReplyDelete