Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sewing Again and Birthday Girls

 I've sewn another bag.  I recently bought a purse pattern that I have been wanting for a long time, the Prairie Rose  by Fig Tree and Co.  I think if I make it again I will put batting in the flap and quilt it also, and maybe add some tabs on the inside for a magnetic closure.  I would kind of like to make it in a red print and also make the front of the bag a couple of inches less wide.  It is gathered on the front at the top, but I don't want it so bulky in the front.  I have to mess with it too much to get the flap to lay right.  I do like the looks of it though--It's very girly.
A row of piping around the edge of the flap before adding the scalloped ruffle in a contrasting color would be nice also.
The flap seems a little long, too.  I think I'm a perfectionist just looking for the perfect purse.
I linked up with amylouwho's sew and tell.  Go check it out.  There's another linky party at The Shabby Nest--tons of stuff.

We went to our middle daughter's home for our  youngest granddaughters' B-day party.
Evie is three now.  The party started with a wiener roast.  Yum! I indulged with a bun--I'm on a diet.  It sure was good.
Our little Sophie will be one later on this month.  She's in the swing with mommy--her best friend.  Her eyes just light up when sees her mommy walk into the room.
Evie got some new PJ's and wanted to wear them-cute.  I think Isaiah's head is getting warm while he's roasting his hot dog.  Chili is hoping for some crumbs to fall.
Madison reminds me of myself when I was her age--always active.
Grace recently had her B-day also--she's the red-headed-Sweetie.
Dad needs a picture for his cell phone.  Don't you just love the flags in the window?  Celeste made them.  Such a cute idea.

6 comments:

  1. What a great day of family time! Beautiful purse, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific bags! Looks like a lot of family fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great family pictures and the bag is cute, too! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag and all the detail that you had to put that together. Great work and so glad you have family nearby to enjoy so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally loving this creation!! Way to go! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your sweet creations up at my link party each Friday! Hope to see you there!!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete