Monday, August 15, 2011

Summer Delight

I just have to show some flowers in my garden as of this week...
...a beautiful dahlia...


...hollyhocks...


...and I know these aren't flowers, but my elephant ears are so stinkin' big.


I trimmed them up a little, to get rid of some leaves that were terribly scalded by the recent horrible heat wave that seems to be over for the present time.  My poor impatiens may never recover.



My flowerbed that I worked so hard on is finally starting to look good--somewhat anyway.  There is just too much shade back there for it to produce the abundance of flowers I enjoy.  I may have to rethink what I will plant back there next year, God willing, that is.

This morning's beautiful sky...

It got me a late start on making our breakfast, and hubby's lunch, but it was worth it.

Today is our baby daughter's birthday, so I gotta get crackin'.  She ain't no baby, but she will always be my baby.  I love all my girls.  They are each so special to me in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment