Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Planting Begins

Yesterday, after working out with my daughter, I picked up some ferns and flowers.  I use ferns on shepherds hooks for privacy because our patio and our neighbors patio are very close.

In the front porch area I planted pink green leaf begonias on the left and pink dawn wave petunias on the right---time to get out my special mulch.  Shredded pampas grass (miscarianthus) keeps the slugs away and they love to munch on my petunias.

In this next planter I have lavender impatiens.

Next to that planter I have a large planter.  I have more pink dawn wave petunias in that one.

On the wall, next to my front door I have more pink green leaf begonias.

Below that I have more lavender impatiens.

This year I'm going to try a fern hanging on the front porch.  It gets morning sun--so we'll see.
Let the watering begin---it doesn't stop until October-November.  I enjoy doing it at first, but when it gets hot, it's more of a chore.



No comments:

Post a Comment