Saturday, October 16, 2010

I Love to Quilt

Here it is in all it's glory.  I did enjoy quilting this one.  The pinwheels are quilted in the ditch and the outside border is meander quilting. The borders are scalloped also.

I started quilting right after my Bible study lesson---
Our Bible study group is doing Exodus--and as many times as I've taught it it is still exciting to see what God did for the Israelites.  I'm am still learning more about God.  Amazing how you can study the Bible and still find out more--every time!

I quilted for 10 hours that day, start to finish I did  all the quilting.  I almost forgot to eat.  I just love a quilt when it "cutes up"  from quilting it.  I think I'm going to do my next quilt basting the same way I did this one.  It worked out fine.  It was a little tricky not getting the basting threads caught on the foot when I was moving the quilt around though.  I was impressed how the back stayed in place and there were no puckers on the back side from quilting.  I think it worked better than safety pins.  The backing is flannel in a baby print of white with tiny little pale blue flowers.  Cozy.

Here it is before I scalloped the borders while I was still quilting it.  If you enlarge the picture by clicking on it, you can see the basting threads I was talking about.  It's been a while since my last quilt, so quilting ten hours was going to be hard on my muscles--I get muscle spasms easy, but once I got started I didn't want to quit.  I was starting to hurt after about eight hours, so I took two vitamin D-3 (1000 IU) pills--the pain went away and I wasn't even sore--AMAZING!

The binding is bias-cut so I can go around the curves.

And done.
I love taking lots of pictures of the finished quilt.  I think I'm naming this one Ginger Snap Swirls.

Now, we just need a baby.
My niece is due in November, but her shower is today.
I linked up with amylouwho's sew and tell.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful quilt and your niece will love it! Your a quilter, stop by my blog and see the store I found this past week.. quilters delight!(and it's only 20 min from my home)

    Sandy
    thewondersofdoing@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is beautiful Aunt Jerri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt! I just love the scalloped edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very pretty quilt. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete