Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Retirement Life

 
We had a birthday bash for hubby.  He wanted hamburgers cooked in the green egg.  So that's what we had.  The kids came over, and brought some food too.  Yum-yum!
He's been cleaning out the outbuilding for the last two days.  We generated quite a bit of trash for the trash man today, but some of it was appealing to our neighbors, so the trash man didn't have so much to haul off.  It's all gone now.
 
Our middle daughter ask me how retirement was going, and I can't quite put it into words. I'm adjusting to a different life.  My hubby's cousin's wife (whose hubby is retired) told me that if I needed to get away, to come see her, but I've only had a panicky run away feeling once.  Hubby is pretty good company most of the time, but it's different because it's like I'm on call---'Jerri, come here, I need your help", and "are you ready to go?".  I will be glad when we find a routine.  I'm still feeling kind of lost like I don't know what's going on.  It's like handing the driving over to your teenager--a little bit out of your hands.  I don't feel the freedom to start a project.  I am enjoying his retirement, but I'm lost in the shuffle.  I think he's enjoying not going to work, but I think he feels a little lost too--not sure what to do.  We'll figure this out somehow--it's only been 3 and 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment