Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Zucchini Lasagna

 
I made some low-carb lasagna and it turned out pretty good.  I just substituted sliced zucchini rounds for the noodles.
 
It has layers of four things.  First layer was uncooked zucchini slices in the bottom of a sprayed baking dish.  Next layer was spaghetti sauce mixed with browned ground beef and one large sweated onion, chopped.  The third layer was cottage cheese mixed with two raw eggs. The last layer was shredded mozzarella cheese.  I repeated the layers, then baked it for about 50 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  It was yum-o as Rachael would say.
 
We have a weird robin that keeps trying to fly through the glass patio door.  It's been doing this for the last several days  off and on all day long.  He flys up and down the glass trying to penetrate the glass for about 5 minutes, flys away, then comes back about 5 minutes later, and sometimes 30 minutes later.  I think this bird is wacked out of his mind.  Maybe he got ahold of someone's meds and can't figure things out.  I scare him off, but he always comes back.  I've thought about taping strings to the back door just to see what would happen. Gooney Bird!!


1 comment: