Saturday, April 20, 2013

Poison Ivy--eeek!

 
I love these tulips.  I've had them for about 10 years, which I don't understand.  Any other tulips I've ever planted only lasted a few years.  I just love the color of these, although the camera doesn't do them justice. 
 
 
 
After I mowed the lawn this morning I decided to cut down the poison ivy vine that grew behind the out building in the picture.  It was just starting to bud out on the tips of all the vines.  It just got way out of hand last year, and my hubby is extremely allergic to it, so it is my job.  I used to pull it up with my bare hands with no problem, but who knows when I might become allergic to it so I wore gloves. 
I have to cut it up and bag it tomorrow so hubby doesn't break out with a horrible rash.  Sometimes he has to get a shot it gets so bad.  That is nasty stuff.  I still have more to go, but that is all of the big stuff.  I got real tired because I missed a meal--I really shouldn't do that, because it sets off my blood sugar problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment