Wednesday, June 6, 2012

English Paper Piecing Project

I've started a new project.  We went on a trip yesterday with my sisters and bro-in-law, and I didn't have a handwork project going, so I ate candy---Yuck!


I decided I needed to have something to do with my hands besides stuff my mouth.  English Paper Piecing is very addicting, and that's better than eating stuff that's bad.
I've always wanted a red bag, so here we go.  The hexagons have 3/4 inch sides.  I cut the fabric in two inch strips then into 2 inch squares.  The fabric squares will go wrapped around the paper hexagons and basted in place.  Then I can join them together, and quilt them for the front and back of the bag.  After that it will be quick work to make the bag.  The bag will take 340 hexagons altogether--two groups of 170, so it will take a while, and that's okay.  I made 34 of them already.  It's fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment